The Trust and Trust schools will follow current data protection and other legislative guidance when dealing with Data Subject Access Requests Click here for current ICO Pupils Info. As a Multi Academy Trust, a student or parent/carer (person with parental responsibility/Legal guardian) does not have a legal right to access a child’s educational record. It will be up to the Trust to decide whether to grant such access.

Please refer to the Information Commissioner's Office Subject Access Request Guidance for further information.


How do you ask to see information about you?

If you wish to request information we hold about you, please complete the Data Subject Access Form and send it to the relevant Academy or Trust DPO. Any request in writing from the individual (Data Subject) will be considered as a valid request, whatever the format as long as it contains the relevant information to enable us to deal with your request.


How do you request information on behalf of someone else?

If you are requesting information on behalf of someone else you must complete the Data Subject Access Request Form and provide written evidence that you have the Data Subject’s authority to ask for the information on their behalf, e.g. signature on the Data Subject Access Form, a letter written by them, evidence of Power of Attorney, etc.

Please complete the appropriate request form and send it to the relevant Trust School.

Data Subject Access Request Form

Police Section 29 Request

If your Data Subject Access Request is approved, you will be provided with either a printout or a photocopy of paper records. Where information is requested to be provided by email, we will only agree to this if it can be sent via an approved secure method.

We will contact you to advise if we are unable to approve your request for information.


How do you provide your identity?

If you are not known to the Trust school or Trust office, we may ask to see proof of your identity. The following forms of identity will be accepted as proof of identity:

- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your driving licence
- A copy of your Bank, building society or credit card statement in the Data Subject's name for the last quarter
- A copy of your Council Tax bill


Will you be charged for information provided?

We will follow guidance within current Data Protection legislation in relation to charges for information. See for further information.


What do you do if the data is incorrect?

Please contact the relevant Trust Academy or Trust DPO to tell them what is incorrect and ask for it to be corrected. You can also appeal to the Information Commissioner if the school does not correct the information.

Diocese of Blackburn